Joseph Smith in contrast with JESUS CHRIST
Would you believe a religion from a man that
1. Claims to have had visitations by God the Father and Jesus Christ His Son, the angel “Moroni,” John the Baptist, the apostles Peter, James and John, plus the Old Testament prophets Moses, Elias and Elijah? (Elias in the New Testament is simply the Greek rendering of Elijah, a fact Joseph Smith was ignorant of).
“Have ye not seen a vain vision, and have ye not spoken a lying divination, whereas ye say, The LORD saith it; albeit I have not spoken? Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because ye have spoken vanity, and seen lies, therefore, behold, I am against you, saith the Lord GOD” (Ezek. 13:7, 8).
2. Claimed that the angel “Moroni” (who is nowhere found in the Bible) told him every single church, without exception, and their essential beliefs (which Mormons build upon) were corrupt? (in which case the gates of Hell did prevail against His church, that of born again believers: Mt. 16:18; cf. 1Cor. 12:13), yet his religion clearly and critically contradicts the very Bible (as well as historical evidence) he invokes in attempting to provide authority for his extraScriptural demonic doctrines, including his flase gospel.
“But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed” (Gal. 6:8).
3. Wrote the Book of Mormon by hiding an occultic “seer stone” in his hat and dictating words?
“There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD” (Dt. 18:10-12)
4. Writes in the same book a fantastic and detailed tale of an immigration of Hebrews to South America, which supposedly formed a vast society. Later, after a tremendous civil war, one tribe of this fictitious people is said to have migrated to N. America, even to New York. And that Jesus Christ appeared to these Indians after His resurrection in Israel.
For all of which people and events (unlike the Bible) there is no real archaeological evidence (not even for their weapons). In addition, DNA and other scientific evidence actually refutes it, while the Bible makes it clear nothing of this sort took place (we are assured we have the full record of Jesus post resurrection appearances in the Bible, and in which Jesus went up to Heaven from Bethany, not to return until He comes in the clouds: Lk. 24:50; Acts 1:1-11).
God's covenant promised the land of Canaan (where Israel exists) to Abraham and his descendants, not America: “And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God” (Gn. 17:8).
Jesus appeared to His apostles and disciples in Israel (where they could be questioned), not anywhere else: “Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren [fellow contemporary Israelites] at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. And last of all he was seen of me [the apostle Paul] also, as of one born out of due time: (1Cor. 15:1-8).
5. Claimed that God instituted an Aaronic priesthood through a decedent of Joseph, completely contrary to the express commands of God's Word. Only descendants of Levi could be priests and offer sacrifices, and even the Lord Jesus, while on earth, could not be a Aaronic priest.
“And thou shalt appoint Aaron and his sons, and they shall wait on their priest's office: and the stranger that cometh nigh shall be put to death. And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, And I, behold, I have taken the Levites from among the children of Israel instead of all the firstborn that openeth the matrix among the children of Israel: therefore the Levites shall be mine” (Num. 3:10-12).
“For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood” (Heb. 7:14).
6. Claimed that he had more knowledge than all lawyers and doctors, and boasted no man (not even the Lord Jesus) ever did such a work as him in building a church? (Mormon “History of the Church,” vol. 5, p.289; vol. 5, p.467; vol. 6, pp.408-9).
6. Instituted a priesthood that can receive revelations (as needed) that add to and contradict the Bible?
7. Taught that polygamy was acceptable to God and even desirable, and that took multiple wives for himself?
8. Taught that God the Father was once a man who achieved Godhood by being obedient to the “god” over Him? (A. of F., p. 132, 430)
9. Taught that God has a physical body and “celestial wives” through whom He begets “spirit children?” (LDS Apostle Orson Pratt, The Seer, p. 158, 172; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mormon_cosmology#Pre-Mortality)
10. Taught that faithful Mormons will likewise achieve ”godhood,” and can perpetually have spirit children with their wives? (J of D, Vol. 11, p. 269, August 19, 1866)
And founded a religion (Mormonism), which also
11.Taught black people were cursed were cursed (1 Nephi 12:23; 13:15; 2 Nephi 5:21; 30:6; 3 Nephi 2:14-15) and therefore (until societal pressure brought about a “new revelation” a few years ago) they were excluded from the priesthood? Brigham Young even stated, “If the white man who belongs to the chosen seed mixes his blood with the seed of Cain, the penalty, under the law of God, is death on the spot. This will always be so." (March 8, 1863), "The Persecutions of the Saints—Their Loyalty to the Constitution—The Mormon Battalion—The Laws of God Relative to the African Race", in Watt, G.D.; Long, J.V., Journal of Discourses Delivered by President Brigham Young, His Two Counsellors, and the Twelve Apostles, and Others, 10, Liverpool: Daniel H. Wells, 1865, pp. 104–111, http://contentdm.lib.byu.edu/u?/JournalOfDiscourses3,4272 .
12. Preaches “another gospel,” “another Jesus,” by “another spirit,” which false gospel the the Holy Spirit of the Bible clearly warns of and condemns? (2Cor. 11:4; cf. Gal. 1:6-9).
13. Teaches we are not saved solely on the person and work of the Lord Jesus Christ - on His blood and righteousness - but by obedience to the “Mormon gospel” and Joseph Smith?
Mormonic perversions of the gospel (partial list):
God the Father is a married exalted-man (a physical being of "flesh and bones") having completed the process of becoming an exalted being by obedience to the god over him. And may have had multiple wives, along with Christ on earth (1);
having been a man like us) and with Jehovah-Christ being the brother of Lucifer (2);
born to the exalted Man-God and his Heavenly Mother goddess (3);
and who was born in Jerusalem in His incarnation (4);
and with celestial marriage being required for the highest exaltation (5);
in the tripartite Mormonic celestial kingdom (6);
with their polygamous god, as Mormonic men and women evolve into being a god as did their father who begat them as spirit children, begetting spirit children themselves (7);
while all the creeds of Christendom were declared to an abomination (8);
since golden-plate, seer-stone Joe Smith (9) got it right.;
Those who are ignorant souls including liars, and sorcerers, and adulterers, and whoremongers, and whosoever loves and makes a lie (which some would relegate those who reject Mormonism as being) are cast down to hell and suffer the wrath of Almighty God, until the fulness of times, remaining in spirit prison for 1,000 years after death before being converted and placed in ground-level of the celestial kingdom, while apostates no forgiveness live in eternal "Outer Darkness," torment, and misery with Satan and his angels forever. (10);
Yet Mormonism claims to be the the Christian church of the 1st century, and in fact claims the Christian church was established as early as 147 B.C. (11) and that people were called "Christians" as early as 73 B.C.
In contrast, the Scriptures which Joe Smith and followers profanely invoke in order to give their lies an air of authority, states that,
? God always was God, that "Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God ." (Psalms 90:2)
? Christ existed from eternity, (whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting:" Micah 5:2)
? God, as the Father, Son and Spirit, created all things by Himself, without any Heavenly Mother or angels helping: "Thus saith the Lord, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the Lord that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone ; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself ." (Isaiah 44:24)
? Angels are not married, and those in the resurrection will be as they are. (Matthew 22:30)
? There are only two locations in Scripture now in the after-life , these being with God or in Hell, which souls therein are cast into the Lake of Fire. The next conscious reality for believers will be with the Lord, (Lk. 23:43 [cf. 2Cor. 12:4; Rv. 2:7]; Phil 1:23; 2Cor. 5:8 [we]; 1Cor. 15:51ff'; 1Thess. 4:17) while for the lost it is torment and eternal punishment relative to their sins and accountability. (Rv. 20:10-15; Matthew 11:20-24; 25:41,46; Luke 10:11-12; 12:48; Hebrews 10:28-29)
? Finally, rather than Mormonism being the one true church, faith in the Mormonic gospel is that of faith in "another Jesus, whom we have not preached, "another spirit," "another gospel, (2 Corinthians 11:4) the preachers of which are accursed, (Gal. 1:8) this not being the gospel of the N.T. church, and thus faith in the Mormonic gospel will send one to Hell, and hear the terrible words warned of by the True Christ: Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. (Matthew 7:22-23)
Meanwhile the Spirit is also described as being creator, Job 33:4) and as a person to whom lying to can result in death, (Acts 5:1-11) and believers are to be baptized in the name of the Father, Son and Spirit, (Matthew 28:19) which also denotes oneness.
All of which means that either Christ and the Spirit is God by nature along with the Father and thus demand a doctrine of trinity, to the acknowledgment of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; (Colossians 2:2) or that the Scriptures contradict themselves and blaspheme God.
Mormons can only wish their exalted man-God had the Scripture warrant for the Trinitarian understanding of God, but that is why they must exalt other writings as also being Scripture, with the Mormon church being the supreme authority.
1. LDS 5th President Lorenzo Snow: "As man now is, God once was: As God now is, man may be." Joseph Fielding Smith: "Our father in heaven, according to the Prophet, had a father, and since there has been a condition of this kind through all eternity, each Father had a Father" (Doctrines of Salvation, 2:47). "God himself was once as we are now, and is an exalted man, and sits enthroned in yonder heavens, and that men have got to learn how to be Gods the same as all Gods have done before. (https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/manual/gospel-topics-essays/becoming-like-god?lang=eng&_r=1) Orson Pratt , "The Seer". October 1853. 1 (10):. Retrieved October 9, 2017. If all the acts of Jesus were written, we should no doubt learn that these beloved women [Mary, and Martha her sister, and Mary Magdalene] were his wives. ... "Inasmuch as God was the first husband to her, it may be that He only gave her to be the wife of Joseph while in this mortal state, and that He intended after the resurrection to again take her as one of his wives to raise up immortal spirits in eternity. ... We have now clearly shown that God the Father had a plurality of wives, one or more being in eternity by whom He begat our spirits as well as the spirit of Jesus His First Born, " pp. 158 ,172 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mormonism_and_polygamy#Teachings_on_the_multiple_wives_of_God_and_Jesus)
2 Jesus Christ and Lucifer are indeed offspring of our Heavenly Father and, therefore, spirit brothers. (Doctrine and Covenants 93:21.)
3. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints teaches that all human beings, male and female, are beloved spirit children of heavenly parents, a Heavenly Father and a Heavenly Mother. (https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/manual/gospel-topics-essays/mother-in-heaven?lang=eng&_r=1)
4. born "at Jerusalem which is the land of our forefathers." Alma 7:10
5. Doctrine and Covenants 131:13; Gospel Principles: LDS Church 2009, pp. 219224,272,277. "Those who inherit the highest degree of the celestial kingdom, who become gods, must also have been married for eternity in the temple. (https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/bc/content/shared/content/english/pdf/language-materials/06195_eng.pdf, p. 272) "The only men who become Gods, even the Sons of God, are those who enter into polygamy" (Journal of Discourses, Vol. 11, p. 269, August 19, 1866).
7. The Origin of Man & Organic Evolution (PDF). Rexburg, Idaho: Brigham Young University-Idaho. 2004. pp. 13: "All men and women are in the similitude of the universal Father and Mother ... [and are] capable, by experience through ages and aeons, of evolving into a God." (https://web.archive.org/web/20160805030919/http://emp.byui.edu/marrottr/OriginOfMan.pdf); Doctrine and Covenants 131:78; https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/manual/gospel-topics-essays/mother-in-heaven?lang=eng&_r=1; Marion G. Romney, "The Worth of Souls," Ensign, November 1978, p. 13.;
8 Joe Smith (1 April 1842), "History of Joseph Smith," Times and Seasons, Vol. 3, p. 748. (https://contentdm.lib.byu.edu/digital/collection/NCMP1820-1846/id/9825); , Gospel Principles, p. 11; Joseph Fielding Smith, Doctrines of Salvation 2:48, quoted in Achieving a Celestial Marriage Student Manual, 1976, p.132
10. Gospel Principles, p. 272,294; Doctrine and Covenants 76:8188, 1036, 109 (https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/scriptures/dc-testament/dc/76.84,105-106?lang=eng),
11. Mosiah 18:17 "And they were called the church of God, or the church of Christ, from that time forward." Alma 46:15 "...yea, all those who were true believes in Christ took upon them, gladly, the name of Christ, or Christians as they were called, because of their belief in Christ who should come."
"And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world" (1 John 4:14).
"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved" (Acts 4:12).
In complete contrast with the Lord Jesus Christ, Joseph Smith and the Mormons are proven to be false teachers and not worthy of your faith. Following them or any false gospel (trusting in your good deeds, the Catholic church, Islam, Buddhism or any religion to save you), or loving sin rather than Christ will actually send you to Hell! Only the Lord Jesus can save you. Only He was sent by God the Father to be “the Savior of the world.” Only He was “God manifest in the flesh” - and proved it. Only He was sinless and could therefore shed His sinless blood to save you. And it is only He who reigns in Heaven as your present Savior and Future Judge. What you do with the Lord Jesus now determines your eternal home - in Heaven or in Hell? Which do you choose?
There is only one right decision, and God commands you to make it: Will you obey Him? “This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye Him.“Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ...” “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, ..” (Mt. 17:5; Act 3:19; 16:31).
Will you make that decision today, or sin away your day of grace, and spend your eternity in agony, while the (real, born again) saints rejoice in glory with God?
This decision is shown by being baptized under water in identification with your Lord, and then following Him with a Bible – believing and preaching evangelical church.
Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless HIS holy name. Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all HIS benefits (Ps. 103:1, 2). --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Idaho Web Design Tools